Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fastest Man on The Planet


So this is Christmas...the silly season...over indulgence..various excesses..a little avorice perhaps...even mistletoe tinged with sadness...For some this is the scene and I suppose you may be wondering how I might fit into this picture.

Well yesterday was a " track day " for me..it began at 6.00am when I rise to get ready to face the challenges and opportunities of the day...By 7.00am I have completed my early morning preparation..e.g. I have done my abdominal sets and additional core stability work..taken my daily vitamin supplements and brushed my teeth like a good boy.

Today my 11.00am meeting with Mark Evans ( my brilliant business partner ) was significant. Today I had already recieved many responses to my embryonic Blog..Fabulous..inspiring..encouraging..motivating responses from YOU...MY WORLD TEAM...Messages of love and support have come from the far corners..Sweden..U.S.A...Denmark..Hong Kong..Britain...Ireland...it is wonderful to know YOU are there with me..sharing these moments as I head down the track to the World Championships in Italy.

By mid-day I'm with my Physio Pat Hart..we are looking at a seemingly minor problem...While running across the road...I stood on a small stone that has bruised the ball of my right foot..Yow!

It meant no trackwork this evening...except training on the grass...ten 100m runs..instead of pounding the composition track which would be worse. Hydrotherapy in a pool heated to 32 degrees centigrade will be required over the next few days to try and heal this annoying glitch.
My next comp will be the New South Wales Country Country Champs in Newcastle on the 27th and 28th of January...my foot will have to be ready!

As the founder of Rejuvin8..I realise that there are always excuses for us as " Baby Boomers " to over eat..not exercise etc...Obesity is pandemic...and yesterday I saw a sad example of this. Two grossly overweight people eating masses of donuts at a donut shop... This is NOT the way to live a long and healthy life...but who will educate them.....I saw this and trained harder...Life is too prescious.

No comments: