Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Welcome to My Journey

Welcome to my journey...and of course a very special welcome to all my K.G.V soulmates.

I guess that at sometime in our lives some of us have reached the depths...that dark place..the " dark night of the soul " where loneliness..saddness...sense of loss or even depression lurk....It is appropriate for me to confide in you that I have been " there " It is therefor even more significant now that I invite you to join me on this next stage of my Life's Journey to a brighter place...a fantastic voyage of enlightenment, discovery, and unbelievable..even remarkable events as I pack my Carabeena..my Hiking Boots...my Rope and Ice Pick as I head directly for the summit of achievement in my field ... I now begin my journey toward my ultimate goal to become The World Champion for the 100m dash for which I recently recorded the fastest time on Earth for a man of sixty years...a time of 11.97 seconds!

This as you would appreciate is no mean feat...it will require many things along the way...a journey in a sense of two parts. Firstly the World Championships in Recceone Italy in September 2007 and then the World Masters Games in Sydney in 2009.

I am training now for these two events...will encounter doubtless obstacles that some in human terms may seem insurmountable yet I believe I can overcome any of these hurdles if.....If you will come with me.

From this day forward I will attempt to share with you these moments of elation and challenges as I take these steps toward my goal. I will feel you Empower Me to Greatness...Lift Me beyond where mere mortals fear to tread...for without You...( the collective you ) the demands I place on my body...the motivational energy required to lift myself...to battle fatigue...discipline myself to maintain my dietary demands and overcome the pain of injury will be that much harder to endure...but with my Friends...You and Your Friends and our extended World Family...I know I can do it.

Follow close by my side as I work toward those Microseconds of time that I will search for...microseconds that will indellibly etch my name and Yours by your support into Athletics History....I encourage you to follow me....tell your friends and their friends to run this race with me.....and Win!

No comments: