Sunday, March 4, 2007

Recovery

Every time I lay my body on the line on a Running Track whether its Training or Competition there is an element of Risk...At the Elite level...if I may draw the analogy between an Elite Athlete and a Thoroughbred Horse the body is finely tuned...every tendon...ligament...muscle is put to the test and pushed to the limits....Normally if a horse bow's a tendon in a race...they either put it down or spell it indefinitely...

With an Athlete...putting us down is not an option....thank goodness..Instead we have various options that hopefully get us back into shape ready for competition again however far down the track it may be.

The Risk taking is not an option...its just part of another day at the office...I have to do this...to take the Risk...but to prepare as well as possible to ensure that the Risk is minimised...Strength...Flexibility...Endurance...Speed...its all part of the process...

In a way its like any day at any office anywhere in the world....when you go to work...you better make damn sure you can last the distance....to go the hard yards...and hopefully ....to bring home the bacon....or the Gold Medal....its all the same....Proper Planning..Prevents...P---Poor Performance....

I'm back...my leg injury is nearly 100% so on the 24th March I will line up for the New South Wales State 100m Final....only time will tell ....Stick with me My World Support Team....

and LIVE BRILLIANTLY !

No comments: