Monday, March 12, 2007

Will I make it to the Starting Line?

Its been an amazing journey so far....I have been carrying major injuries now for three months...working at them to try and rectify the situation...if you have been following this Blog you will know that I have been having treatment from a number of sources to bring me back to top form for the New South Wales Athletics Championships on the 24th and 25th of March.

How will I be able to do this....to compete at the Elite level for the last time this Season?...How can I perform at the Maximum when I can't even bend down to get into the starting blocks?....The Situation seems Impossible.....To achieve just getting to the starting line will be a tall order....To Win a Medal is asking too much....It will take a supreme human effort within my Mind to overcome the illusions of injury that I face now....All I want is to make it to the starting line....My Body will do the rest.....When the Gun goes....BANG!....my whole body pain illusion will dissappear and I will blast down the track for the 100m and Win!

I know what youre thinking...He's Crazy...He'll Never make it....

But youre forgetting one thing....YOU....MY WORLD SUPPORT TEAM....You will be there in spirit...urging me on....behind me when I stand behind my Starting Blocks waiting for the Starter to Fire the Gun....YOU WILL BE THERE.

Be Brilliant....and Be With Me.....John

1 comment:

Marty Miller and Olga Höjgaard said...

Our thoughts and strengths will be with you buddy. May the force be with you...............always. Warp Speed Mr Wall.